Thursday, September 11, 2008

Countdown to Fall

Our home is anxiously awaiting the start of fall! I've had such fun time waiting for September 22, the first day of fall and the shopping bags are there to prove it. After two visits to HomeGoods, I found too many good deals to pass up on and now there are some new dish towels, a table centerpiece and a wreath just waiting to make an appearance. And then there's the Yankee Candle -- probably what I'm most excited about. Many of my favorite memories have some sort of smell associated to them: Black Mountain, where my mom's family is from, smells like flowers; Andrew's parents' house smells like Christmas year-round; I will forever associate my mother with the smell of her Lancome perfume...etc, etc. Do you get the picture? Anyway, I decided that I wanted our house to have a smell during fall and the holidays. I presented Andrew with this idea that we could have a candle that we lit during fall so that we could have a smell associated with our fall memories. And when our kids come home from college for Thanksgiving, they will smell the fall smell and immediately feel like they're at home. Cheesy? Yes. Do I care? Absolutely not.

So off to the Yankee Candle store we went in search of our fall candle. And there we found Fall Festival: "A luscious autumn medley of brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa, maple, walnut, citrus and caramel." It's delicious and I can't wait to light it!

Stay tuned and in about two weeks you'll have a glimpse into the our first fall :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...