Thursday, September 24, 2009

holy hot stones, that was fantastic

Here's the thing about my job. Even in the midst of late nights, early mornings, back to back meetings, 100+ daily emails and lots of tedious, detail oriented projects, it definitely has its perks. For those of you that don't know, I work at an ad agency as a media planner, where I plan and buy advertising space. When you see a commercial or a magazine ad or a billboard on the interstate, a media planner decided that the ad was best placed in that spot (it's why Dove chocolate commercials come on during Desperate Housewives and BudLight commercials come on during a football game).

And for every ad space that I want to buy, there is someone who wants to sell it. And to get in my good graces, the sellers offer all kinds of stuff - notebooks, pens, stress balls, windbreakers, travel alarm clocks, lunches, dinners. I even got a mini-fridge once. And when you buy from them, they want to thank you for it.

So that's my lead up to this - my team was treated to massages and dinner at a swanky golf resort in Cary last night. AMAZING. I'm not one to pamper myself, but I appreciate it when someone else does. It was such a relaxing treat and 24 hours later, I'm still feeling the effects.

Reason #234 that I love my job.

1 friends said...:

  1. Funny.. I got my full body massage from one of my insurance carriers this past week as well. Steak dinner and a massage... It was pretty sweet. ;-) We earn it though... sales jobs are stressful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...