Tuesday, March 24, 2009

welcome to the jungle

Well, not really. But after a year of living in our little apartment, searching for some greenery to liven up our living room, we found it! At IKEA, believe it or not. I had my first experience there this past weekend - and haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since. I think that when those Swedes came up with the business model for their store, they thought of a person EXACTLY like me and said “Hey, let’s make her a store.”

Anyway, at this beloved store, we found a six-foot Majestic Palm…for $12! It’s nestled in the corner of our living room now, greeting us with open arms. I’d like to say that we got out only spending $12, but there were other plants (and their pots) and a few table lamps and some containers and little kitchen utensils that I passed before we got to the checkout (genius, they are). Oh well, at least we have plants now.

1 friends said...:

  1. I just avoid IKEA.. Otherwise I'd spend a fortune.

    Can I get either your mom or dad's email address? I'm coming up to an event in Franklin County for work.. and I'd love to see them/crash at their house instead of a hotel if they are going to be around. email me at heather_johnson@wellsfargois.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...