Friday, March 30, 2012

ten random things (v6)


It's back! Get excited.

1. We now return to your regularly scheduled sleeping habits. I'm going to say this quickly and quietly so as not to jinx it, but I think I have my little sleeper back. It's been about two weeks since he woke up before 7am and we're all feeling better for it. Now I'm sure teething will come along and just jack that all up, but I'll take what I can for now.

2. I miss Chick-fil-a. We used to get texts from the Chick-fil-a in Summerville so we'd know when they were having promotions like Military Appreciation Day, when we'd get a free sandwich for showing our ID. I got one of those texts yesterday and it made me sad. Mostly because I miss Charleston, but also because I miss the #1 combo.

3. Flowers! They're blooming! There are - count 'em - THREE daffodils in my back yard, a vine that has bloomed some sort of yellow flowers and a tree in the front yard that is just starting to show it's leaves. I've never appreciated Spring as much as I do now.

4. Babies are expensive. And take up a lot of space. In the past two weeks, I've purchased a high chair, a car seat and a jogging stroller (although that could be considered a gift for mama). But seriously, there is a lot of bulky plastic stuff up in here. Related: when did my boy get big enough to sit in a high chair?? Wasn't he this little wad just a blink ago? Waaah!

DSC_0001

5. Speaking of jogging strollers...I'm doing it, y'all. I've never run farther than the length of a tennis court, but I'm doing the Couch-to-5k. And don't you even dare laugh. All I know is that there are times when I've got to get out of this house and MOVE and there's only so much I can do with that sweet little one, so I'm giving this a go. I know I can do it, I just have to DO IT. And I know I'll feel better and more confident if I complete the program. What if I ran a 5k? What if I did that?! Anyone want to be my long-distance accountability partner?

Couch to 5k

6. Birds! One thing I didn't love about our neighborhood in Charleston was that it was so developed and populated that there weren't ever any birds around. But here? It's like an aviary in my back yard. Right now, it literally sounds like I have one of those nature CDs turned up super loud.

7. I should take more and better pictures. I take a LOT of pictures with my iPhone because it's always with me and for a phone, the pictures aren't that bad. But I also have this really nice DSLR that would take ever better pictures and there's really no reason why I shouldn't be documenting more than just Jack's chubby little face, which is what most of my iPhone pictures are. I'm making that a goal for April.

8. I got my hairs cut. As mentioned in the magic sunshine post, I chopped my hair off. I thought I wanted to grow it out but it was just a mess. And I never did anything with it except pull it back because a) I didn't have time and b) there's a grabber amongst us. Also, with the lovely postpartum shedding issues that no one bothered to tell me about, Jack just ends up with fistfulls of my hair. Not to mention the strays that I find everywhere. Andrew even found a few in his sea bag on his last underway. So anyway, it's gone. And I love it!

photo

9. Yard sale. The amount of stuff we've accumulated over the years is quite remarkable. And since I've put my hands on everything we own in this unpacking process, I've gotten serious about what to keep and what to give away. So I'm having a yard sale! I'm oddly excited about it, actually. I'm looking forward to organizing everything for it and maybe! using! my label maker!

10. The accents up here still catch me off guard. There's really no explanation needed on that. Every once in a while, I'll overhear someone say something and I think, where in the world are you from? Then I remember. I live among the people with the accents and really, they should be asking me that. Oh dear.

Happy Friday, friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...