Friday, January 27, 2012

ten random things, v2

1. Y'all sure are curious about cloth diapers. I was planning on doing the follow up post yesterday, but there were so many good questions! I just want to organize my thoughts a little bit more. Otherwise, I'll just ramble on and on and on. You can still ask questions at the bottom of this post.

2. The house of rest is falling down on the job. Honestly, it feels more like the house of sad. I hate feeling so unsettled, it's drafty and I feel like my toes have been cold for three weeks and the sun won't shine. But don't worry, I'm working on ways to fill my tank, so to speak. And we're buying space heaters this weekend. So we'll be warm and happy, even if the windows always look like this:

IMG_0738

3. I have the sweetest kid ever. This wasn't going to be #3, until I looked down where he's playing in his bouncy seat and saw him smiling at me. Good grief. That fills my tank for sure.

4. Anyone want a Rudy? Just kidding. But he's driving me nuts, being all cooped up and depressed and crazy. And yesterday, he chased the UPS driver out of the yard. I wish I was kidding about that. Anyone who knows this dog knows that he's harmless, it just didn't look like that to the UPS man. But when you creep up the back steps? In the dark? And then RUN when you see a dog? What do you expect, friend? I can almost laugh about it now, but in the moment I was mortified. 

5. Jack is learning what it means to feel frustrated. The more he's able to do, the more he gets annoyed when he can't do it. He knows he can grab toys now, so when he can't reach? Forget about it. Meltdown, coming right up.

6. Go Heels! Had to squeeze that in there :)

IMG_0735

7. We got a house! I don't think I made that blog official, but it's true. Our offer was accepted last weekend. I can't wait to share more about it. I also can't wait to get my stuff out of storage and start feathering a new nest.

8. What's a girl gotta do to go to Hawaii? My parents were there last week. Andrew's parents and sister are there this week. Meanwhile, it's snowing here in CT. Andrew? Take me to Hawaii?

9. I think I'm addicted to coffee. I used to drink about half of a cup when I worked, but never really craved it. Now that Jack is here and thinks that the most fun time of the day is 5:30am? COFFEECOFFEECOFFEE.

10. I'm learning Photoshop! Re: #10 on last week's post, I went for it. I bought Photoshop Elements. It was on sale and I was feeling like I needed something to inspire me (see #2). So far, I'm LOVING it. It definitely requires patience, but I've found some great teaching resources out there. And I'm even working on a little blog redesign as a result. Hooray for new hobbies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...