Friday, February 12, 2010

trial run

I'm all alone! Andrew is spending the weekend with some guys from college. We won't call it a going away party because he's refusing to think about the fact that he's leaving, but that's essentially what it is. And believe it or not, in the almost-two-years since we've been married, this is the first time I've stayed alone. He's been gone before, but it always worked out that I had plans too. Not this time. Just me and Mr. Rudy. Who is NOT HAPPY, by the way. He's been uber pouty since I got home from work and he realized that I didn't bring Andrew with me.

Anyway, all week I've been preparing for this weekend - planning all kinds of things to keep me busy - and actually looking forward to it. Here's the list:
  1. Clean - DONE! I wanted to do that ASAP so I could enjoy the rest of the weekend.
  2. Play on my sewing machine.
  3. Pick up a few things from Target.
  4. Update my craft/idea books.
  5. Clip some recipes from a few magazines and maybe organize my recipe box.
  6. Redesign the blog. Get excited.
  7. Read - I'm currently reading The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks and Desiring God by John Piper.
  8. Maybe check out the flea market tomorrow morning?
  9. Organize my closet.
  10. And don't laugh, but I may or may not start packing for Disney World. Because it's going to be 70 degrees down there and I'm just THAT excited.
Let's see how long I can keep myself busy without feeling lonely. Also, it's snowing (again) which may put a damper on any of the plans I have for outside the house. Although, Andrew did leave me with his new fancy 4-wheel drive truck for the weekend.

Things could get very interesting around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...