Thursday, November 6, 2008

take a moment to enjoy the brilliance of autumn colors

That's what my Dove candy wrapper said the other day. I think that this is the prettiest fall we've had in a while. But Andrew called this morning while on his way to work to say that he thinks the leaves are at their peak and I'm a little sad. I have this urge to leave work and go for a scenic drive. Only I work in downtown Durham so I'm not sure where I would go. But there's this tree outside my office window that's a swirl of amber and rust colors. And suddenly, the Nanny Dee comes out in me and I want to press a leaf or two in a big book to save for later. I get a lot of joy out of the pretty colors God chose to paint this earth with and I pray I can enjoy it for just a few more weeks. At least until I can be distracted by Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...